AA (Religious Studies)
Associate of Arts
Genesis University offers an Associate of Arts (with a Concentration in Religious Studies). Students study a variety of religious texts both ancient and contemporary. Courses are offered in subject areas such as the bible, Hebrew, ethics, philosophy, law, history, and interdisciplinary studies. Students who complete these courses study the subjects to gain a knowledge and understanding of the textual materials, as well as skills in critical and analytical thinking. The courses are beneficial both on a personal and professional level and help create an educated and knowledgeable individual. The program also prepares students to continue on to a bachelor’s degree programs offered by Genesis University and its academic partners.
Upon completion of the Associate of Arts in Judaic Studies, the graduate will:
- Read and utilize primary and secondary source materials.
- Interpret Judaic concepts.
- Discuss the history of the Jewish People.
- Demonstrate an appreciation and understanding of the significance of the Torah, Talmud, and Bible in Judaism and their place in contemporary society.
- Demonstrate a foundation in Jewish law and tradition and the skills to approach the texts.
The Associate of Arts degree requires at least 60 credits, with a minimum of 18 in the content area and 21 credits in general education.
General Education Requirements:
|Mathematics and Natural Science||6 Credits|
|Social Science and History||3 Credits|
|Additional General Education Electives||6 Credits|
Judaic Core Requirements:
|Judiasm and Contempary Society||–|
|9 additional credits from the Judaic Studies area|
Students may substitute courses and select other courses in the catalog to meet the core distribution requirements.